9.17.2007

Round 2 (and a little of Round 1)

So my choice for the second round was "The Know it All" by AJ Jacobs. And I loved it. It is about one man's quest to become the smartest man alive by reading the entire encyclopedia britanica. I am so excited for the rest of you to read it. It is funny and anecdotal and insightful and just so so good. It is definitely not earthshattering, overly deep reading, but I still really liked it. But that's all I'm going to say because I'm going to try not to build it up too much for you.

This month I also read "Slaughterhouse 5" by Kurt Vonnegut. I've read this before but it's one of those books that is so random and out there that I couldn't remember any of the story from my previous read. But it was great and I am definitely going to make an effort to read more Vonnegut.

Also, I just started "Tale of Two Sisters" since Anna forgot to give it back to Angela and I never got to read it last round. So far I like it I like the switching back and forth between the sisters telling the story. And also adoption, and what happens to adopted children has recently become really interesting to me, so that part is great too.

Anyway, how is all of your reading going?

2 comments:

al said...

GREAT, actually! I am enjoying 'The Good Earth' probably more than ANY of the books we've read thus far.

More soon...

Angela said...

OOOOHH!! That makes me sopoo excited to get it!

THANK YOU FOR THE PORN AL!! you're the BESTEST IN THE WORLD!