Hey babes!
I've been in Saudi for a week now, and have definitely had enough time to read/finish 'The Good Earth.' I'm not finished, though, and this is due to laziness (as usual). I will say that I like this book the BEST of any we've read so far. The first 150 pages flew by. I'll be interested to hear your opinions when you all get to it. For me, the most interesting part is the greed that the characters experience. But, there are also intense moments of poverty, uncertainty, sadness & family strife, and the backdrop of Chinese culture seems so natural, while being so foreign.
In preparation of passing books, our order is:
Tera
Angela
Angie
Me
Is that right? Or do I have you out of order, Angie?
Also, Tera, do you want to just get The Good Earth at the libs? I won't be back until Oct.10th, but I'll definitely mail it to you then, if that's your preference.
(I know what book I'm picking next time!!)
4 comments:
3 things:
1. I am so excited for this book! Although, it's a pretty big buildup if you think it was better than East of Eden
2. I think the order is wrong, but I am happy to change it to this order if that is what you want to do.
3. How do you know what book you are picking next already? And do you realize you have to wait 3 months to read it then!
What was the order, though? I forget!
i think that Angie sent to me, me to Tera and Tear to you? I don't care if it switches either. I need some addresses though, :P
Thanks for the help, Ang'es! (I seriously couldn't remember). Let's go with that order, yeah?
I think Tera posted her address...you can check out the 'Old Posts' link at the bottom of the page. HOW'S BROOKINGS??
Post a Comment