Well I finished Brick Lane and I have to say that I was underwhelmed. Again I really like the premise of the book but felt it was not carried out well. I didn't really like the chapters with the letters from the sister written in broken English. And after some research I found that much of the Bangledesh community felt this book (and especially the letter chapters) was really offensive. So I don't feel that bad about not loving it. But I do love that it was your all first pick for the original book club, I think that is really funny. I also finished Harry Potter 7 and was somewhat disappointed. It's been such a big buildup for a relatively anticlimatic ending. Ah well, it was a good ride.
My next book adventure (besides Lolita, of course) is "Letter to a Christian Nation" by Sam Harris. It is a short but hopefully interesting read.
7.24.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
End of the lane! Funny.
Post a Comment