Okay, I am about 80-100 pages into Snow and I thought it about time to give some first impressions. First off, let me say that I read these 80-100 pages backstage during a children's festival. I cannot think of a worse book to read backstage while onstage they are making fart jokes and pretending to spit cheetos at the audience. That being said, I actually like it so far. I think the premise is pretty great and I am interested in seeing where it is going. It does make me wish that I knew more about Turkey and the regions surrounding it because I think it would give me a better understanding of why the characters are the way they are. And because I know virtually nothing about the history of Turkey and it's various conflicts I find myself skimming over the sections that try to quickly explain the entire history of Turkish wars. Oops. Also, I am calling Ipek in my head Eye-Peck, even though I know it is incorrect. But my favorite name is the book is actually Blue. I'm thinking for my first son....Blue Spencer. We'll see what Justin says.
Ps. Anna how is East of Eden??? I still hope that I didn't build it up to much for you.
6.04.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
It's good. I'm only 60 pages in. So far there's a ton of character build-up and explainer. Is that the bulk of the novel??
I'm glad you don't hate Snow. Yet.
There is a lot of character building, it is a really character driven plot (which is one of the things I love).
And I am just waiting to hate snow as well. Is that bad?
BLUE SPENCER!!!
i LOVE the name Blue. Also Grey. But not Fuscia
How about Maroon? Five?
so now that i've built up the blue character he has not made a reappearance. of course. does he come back anna?
Hey- I was talking to Aaron about the mailing for the books, because he was noticeing tha tI wasn't finished and the 15th is quickly approaching anyways..he suggested alternating the mailing dates from the 15th to the 1st to account for mailing time. What do you think? I thought that it was a grand idea.
Yes! So far the votes lean toward the first...I'll email!
Post a Comment