A Tale of Two Sister's Pregnancy's. This book has been difficult to put down lately--it's turning into the old Anna Maxted that I know and LOVE!! Her style of writing is sooooo real--you can completely FEEL the character's emotions and they are honest and intense and illogical at times, which is what I feel emotions are really all about.
In the novel both sisters are dealing with pregnancies from two very different perspectives. It has been very interesting for me because my women's group has been talking about how being pregnant is the last thing in the world that everyone feels they can be truly UN-PC about and just shout out their opinion's about it left and right. For example one friend here Katie just had her third child and someone said "I hope you're done now." and another lady has five children and someone said "somebody needs to tell you where babies come from apparently." I, personally, was appalled!! Then I saw this commercial that said "Unplanned pregnancy: the worst thing int the world."....umm HARDLY! I can think of millions of WORSE things-- how about getting your fingertips cut off for painting them with fingernail polish...or having your hymen reconstructed so your husband can feel like you're a virgin again? They seem worse...OR how about not being able to get pregnant at all, like my friend and her husband who are trying for a baby and getting older? That's the worse thing in their lives so far. I don't know why I am going off on this--but I'd like your thoughts.
4.27.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i also think it is really interesting that people feel that once a woman is pregnant she is automatically open to any and all questions or comments about the pregnancy or the baby. I've even heard people being asked where/how the baby was conceived. What happened to the line of common courtesy?
hahaha! how/where was the baby conceived??!!
hahaha!
HOW the baby was conceived?!?!? There's only ONE way! hahaa
actually, i'm being closed minded..there are many ways now i suppose with technology
Post a Comment