So this will have to be fast since I only have 5 minutes left on my alloted internet time here (yes, my laptop has crapped out yet again. it is time to go laptop shopping) But I wanted you all to know that I finished Life of Pi the other night. It was the first night here that I have felt really homesick and I couldn't sleep so I finished the last 150 pages. Overall I think it was really good. I am usually thoroughly disappointed with endings of books but this one was actually pretty good. There is a twist at the end that makes you question almost everything about the book and it definitely left me thinking and rereading chapters. The book brings about great questions about religion and belief that I found really interesting. So Pi gets a thumbs up from me! I hope you all like it! I will probably start East of Eden now so I can pass it to Anna when I get back (only three weeks left Anna!) But my friend Casey has also started Under the Banner of Heaven which is about the Mormon church and how it came about and all the crazy stuff these folks have done. Which of course is really interesting with us being in Salt Lake right now. So hopefully she finishes soon so that I can read that while I am here. Either way I'll keep reporting.
P.S. I climbed a mountain today!!!
2 comments:
You're finished?? I think you're officially our fastest reader. I'm only about 150 INTO my book.
keep in mind that i am here in utah with not a whole lot to do (when not in rehearsal) so my reading time is more than ample
Post a Comment