4.30.2007

No mountains, just pronunciation

Well, Angie, you would be cooler than me and climb mountains. Lately, I've been content to download episodes of Heroes and read in my spare time. (Angela - did you see that? I am a new addict of Heroes.)

All I have to say is this: There's a character in the book whose name I haven't been able to pronounce (well, in my mind - I'm not reading allowed) for the first 280 pages. It was making me mad, so I looked up the Turkish and her name is pronounced EE-Pek. It looks like Ipek. So, be warned!

Tera, how's Lo-li-ta?

2 comments:

Angela said...

you're awesome to actually look it up--I would have just read it EYE-PECK and been fine with it. :)

Angie said...

i was just reading this again and realized that you wrote "reading allowed" instead of "reading out loud" and none of us noticed it. i think that is really interesting. and funny