6.27.2008

The Time Traveler's Wife

Allright, I have a feeling that I am going to be reading a lot over the next couple of weeks (unemployment hits again!). So I'm going to try to post about them and maybe it'll inspire us to start up the reading again.

I just finished the Time Traveler's Wife. I didn't really know a lot about this book before I started reading it except that a couple of my favorite readers mentioned it as a book they really enjoyed. And it was great. Not at all what I was expecting and a really interesting take on time traveling. To be fair, it was definitely a love story and I'm usually not big on the love stories. But this love story was so interesting and hidden within such an interesting situation that you can't help but get wrapped up in it. It also has one of my favorite literary devices where you know the futures of the characters before they get there. Anyway, it was really great and I would recommend it to all of you guys.

PS. My grandma just gave me a Danielle Steel novel that she's "sure I'm going to love". I don't know about that. But I might read it just so I can tell you all about it.

No comments: