Okay, I'm going to keep blogging on this site in a courageous attempt to keep this book club going. I think this month I am suppose to be reading the 5 people you meet in heaven. I have already read this (and actually own it) but promise to take a stab at rereading it. From what I remember it is much like Tera described. Sappy, tear jerking and remaining mostly trite but with enough truth in it to keep you interested. I also thought roughly the same thing about Tuesdays' with Morrie.
So instead of reading Heaven right now, I am reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. I had read the Solitaire Mystery by Gaarder a few years ago and really really enjoyed it so I thought I would give Sophie's World a stab. The cover boasts that it is "A novel about the history of philosophy". I would say that is only sort of true. Thus far it is a history of philosophy poorly disguised as a novel. But I think it is about to get more interesting. And it is good to learn a little more about how philosophy came about and a basic outline of important philosophers ideas, but it is a lot of information to absorb and I don't feel I am doing a very good job of absorbing it.
Anyway, that is it for now, I apologize if this blog is a bit rambly or incoherent. But it's late and I'm a little tipsy. Yes, I know it's a Tuesday, but I don't work tomorrow and $3 mojitos cannot be turned down.
No comments:
Post a Comment