And I must say I am loving it so far. I am not very far in since I started reading it yesterday, but I think it is sooo interesting. And disturbing and dark and it's got a little bit of an ick factor, but really so so good. I'm embarrassed to admit that as I was having dinner with a friend tonight a small part of me was really wanting to go home so that I could keep reading. Side note-does anyone read any Agatha Christie? I needed some light reading last week so I read a book of her short stories. They are so good, a little weird, but I love how they come together so quickly and cleanly.
Also Justin (my husband) and I were discussing this little book club and he brought up the idea of having a theme for each "cycle". What do you all think? It might add some cohesiveness to the books and provide an opportunity for comparison. Here are theme ideas we came up with: time periods (pertaining to the time the book was written or the time period of the book), biographies, nationalities of authors, nonfiction themes like religion or environment, etc, etc. Opinions?
8.20.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes! I LOVE that idea. What would you prefer to start with?? We could see what Ang/Tera think, but I'm totally down for that.
i am in, i also would love you to pick first! it was a great idea and then we could just take turns picking, but i am up for whatever.
I was thinking that we could take turns picking (like Tera said) but all read the same book...like by getting it at the library...i think that the discussion would be better then. thoughts?
Post a Comment