6.09.2007

Quote-ables for "Life of Pi"

Hey there Ladies. It is one of my favorite "sports" to write down quotes that strike me during my reading-frenzies--things that I can go back to and really think about later on in the day. I wanted to share with you the first batch of quotes for the first part of the book, to see if they spoke to you at all, and to hear your thoughts on them.
  1. "Doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation." (I noticed that Angie had also circled this in the book in pencil, a habit that having a Librarian for a mother, quickly kills...so I was envious of your pencil mark and shocked at the same time.) :)
  2. "When two creatures meet, the one that it able to intimidate it's opponent is recognized as socially superior."
  3. (Feeling...)"The presence of God is the finest of rewards."
  4. ..."for evil in the open is but evil from within that has been let out"
  5. "No greatness without goodness." (A school motto)
  6. "You must take life the way it comes to you and make the best of it."
What are you thoughts on these? Talk soon...

1 comment:

al said...

These are GREAT quotes. They actually made me more excited to read this 'un. (I also love taking quotes.)