7.14.2008

They All Laughed at Christopher Columbus

: An Incurable Dreamer Builds the First Civilian Spaceship.

I don't read a lot of non fiction. This is something that I am trying to change. So I read this. It was good. It got a little boring when it started going into the physics of how the spaceship worked but overall I liked it. I think it was most interesting because in the end they just simply ran out of money. The whole book they struggle with money and they have to find more and they end up getting enough to build the ship but then just run out of money to actually fly it. It was sad especially to think that this probably happens all the time. Great things are invented and figured out and the people behind them simply can't get enough public support and money. Anyway, it was good and I am going to try to keep reading more non fiction. (in small doses)

No comments: