6.26.2007
Snow snow and yet more snow.
First of all, let me say that I am really really trying to 1) like this book 2) figure out how it possibly won the Nobel Prize in Literature 3) just finish it. I'm not going to lie, there have been a few times that I have seriously considered just giving up on this book. But I'm pushing my way thru and there were a few good chapters yesterday so that is uplifting. And in the spirit of only saying nice things I have tried to think of a few things I like about it. Here's one thing, the story is told out of order, well more you know what is going to happen to the characters and you are just reading to find out how it is going to happen which I love. It is a major John Irving trait as well. Also...I still think the premise of the girls committing suicide is really really interesting I just wish they would focus on it more. There is also a theater troupe that is doing some pretty revolutionary stuff and as a theater person I think it is great when theater is shown to have a tremendous effect on everyday life (even if it is not necessarily good). And I guess that is about it on my list of likes. Maybe it will have a fantastic ending and it will make it all worth it....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment