4.12.2007

Our Destiny/Destination

What happened to us? Well, I for one am committed to incorporating more reading into my life. I'm also committed to incorporating more of YOU two in my life. So, here's the second life of our cat-like literary blog.

I just read 'Woman: An Intimate Geography.' It's basically a biology book, detailing the anatomy, desires, physiology and roles of women, wrapped in a healthy dose of lyrical writing. It was fascinating. I learned.

Now, I'm reading 'Snow', a book about the social and political issues of Turkey, embodied by the suicides of young women in small towns. I think it's going to be great. AND I REALLY want to read 'East of Eden' next. (So...one of you should start that :) )


Suggestions for our future:

We could pass around books - make a book circle, if you will. I could read one, blog my thoughts, pass it along to the next person, who would be reading a different book and then pass it along to the third person. We might have to make "pass" dates, so that we mail the books along at the same time. Thoughts?

Maybe we could also make it a goal to write on the blog at least once per week...

My friend Angie might really be into this, too. She's the most faithful reader I know.

Let's make this happen!

No comments: