4.22.2007

Life of Bo(redome)

Just now, I tried so hard to think of a funny title for this post. It didn't work. Cest la vie. I've spent almost every moment of today in complete boredom. This never happened when I was a student...but now...

Anyway, in the short time I've been reading Snow, the book has occupied me through some strange days, and some major ups and downs. The shootings at Virginia Tech, for one. My first (and probably last) half-marathon, for another. It's accompanied me at work, at friends' homes, and at coffee shops through the Cities. It's not just what's on the pages that matters. It's our lives, seeping through them, that's important and interesting. I've been noting (in pencil for you OCD kids) these milestones on the pages of the book as they happen, so I can remember. And so you'll remember me, as you breeze through the story for yourselves.

Much love, all!

1 comment:

Angie said...

i love that you are writing things in the margin because i have been a bit too! i also know what you mean about books being everywhere with you. whenever i finish a particularly long book i am always a little sad not to have it with me always.